Jirafa

Weblog of Geocaching, GIS, Travels and other things.

Monday, April 11, 2005

The weather has me out

As the seasons change to a better feeling time, I have been spending my time away from the computer and in the elements. This has been a good thing for my sanity but perhaps a distressful occurance for the one or two people who actually read this blog! My apologies. I have however spent much time at work reviewing the new google map site that now offers aerial photographs of north america and to some degree the entire world. It has been a fascinating learning experience to zoom around the world in order to see what the vegetation is like in a remote area. I highly recommend the site for all mapping needs.

On Saturday, Taryn and I went in search of the backpack that will lighten my back load in the coming weeks as we travel through Guatemala. We ended up driving to south jersey and getting one at the new REI store that was just opened there. Afterward we went acroos the street to the Apple store to check out the new iPod Photo. I think I might be sold on it unless something new comes out in the next few months, in which I will then get the newest version.

On our way out of the store we ran into my brother, Elton, who was searching for a free wifi spot to do some things on the internet. Chatted for a few moments and then headed north on 295 to buy more food at Whole Foods. The bain of my week. Food shopping has cost me more than $250! Arg. But we went exploring in the Plainsboro Preserve afterwards and that was great.

We walked the blue loop which was about three miles. We had to jump and build bridges over streams with fallen logs and I got to be yelled at my Taryn because her sneakers were getting muddy. But we made it through with smiles on our faces and the plan to watch a movie when the sun went down. The Village was not as bad as everyone says it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home